- Stand with the feet together.
- Brace your core.
- Press the bar over head (or other weighted object).
- Step one foot forward into a deep lunge position, with the weight kept overhead. The torso should remain upright.
- Forcefully drive your forward heel in to the ground and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired repetitions.
- Can be performed with a weight plate, kettlebells, dumbbells, barbell, steelbell/sandbell, or sandbag
- Keep arms locked throughout the exercise.
- Keep the weight directly overhead (in line with the shoulder joint)
- Don’t bend your elbows or let the weight sink during the movement.
- Don’t let your front heel lift off of the ground.
- Maintain perfect posture throughout the movement — your head is level, your eyes are looking forward, your chest is held high and your back is flat.