- Bar touching shins, feet hip width.
- Squat and grab bar with an overhand grip, shoulder width apart.
- Arms and back straight.
- Chest up, shoulders down and back.
- Brace core.
- Explosively stand up.
- As the bar clears knees, explosively extend hips, knees, and ankles.
- Forcefully shrug shoulders.
- Bend elbows, pulling them high, and pull the bar up to shoulders.
- Raise up on toes.
- Maintain straight back throughout the lift.
- Do not begin pulling with upper body until hips are fully extended.