- Lie on floor with knees bent, about 90 degrees, feet flat on the floor.
- Pull one knee to chest. Place a tennis ball between thigh and chest.
- Place arms by your sides and straight.
- Palms down.
- Brace core.
- With the foot that is on the floor, push down, bringing the hips off the floor.
- Hips will only lift a few inches, hold for 2 seconds, then lower hips to ground.
- Do 3-5 sets, 10-15 reps.
- Do not let the tennis ball fall out of place.
- Keeping the hip flexed, keeping tennis ball in place, ensure that the lumbar spine is not used to achieve the range of motion.
- If hamstring cramping occurs with foot on ground, place foot on a step or something to increase hip flexion start position.