- 5 ounces uncooked Japanese curly noodles (chucka soba)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through crushed red pepper) in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Add bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine chicken mixture and noodles in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 15 seconds. Stir in broth mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the broth mixture and 1/4 cup green onions to noodle mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup green onions.