- Holding a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length in front of your hips or by your sides, palms facing you.
- Stand tall.
- Brace abs.
- Back flat, neutral spine.
- Hinge at the hips, pushing hips backward, as if you’re trying to touch a wall behind you, and slowly lower your torso until it is parallel to the ground (dumbbells will be just below knees).
- Without raising your upper body, perform a row by pulling the dumbbells up to the sides of your torso.
- Reverse pattern to start position.
- That completes one rep.
- Do not let your back arch.
- When returning to start position contract your glutes when raising torso.
- Keep shoulder blades down and back throughout the movement.
- Keep knees slightly bent.