- Grab pull-up bar slightly wider than shoulder width, palms facing away from you.
- Hang from bar, arms extended – position called dead hang.
- If your feet touch the ground, bend knees and cross your ankles.
- Pull chest up to bar.
- Squeeze shoulder blades together during movement.
- Return to start position.
- Do not swing body.
- Keep back straight, do not bent it to help lift yourself.
- Do not use your legs to help lift yourself.
- Do not let feet touch the ground.
- Fully extend your arms after each rep.
- Push your chest out during movement. This helps keep your shoulders back.
- Think of pulling bar to the ground instead of pulling yourself up.
- Forcefully pull arms down.