- Total body
- Standing, feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Squat down, placing both hands on the ground, shoulder width apart in front of you. (1)
- Thrust your legs straight back into a plank position (basic push-up position). Keep your body straight and in alignment. (2)
- Perform a push up. (3 & 4)
- Using a scissor-like motion, now kick your legs apart and back together. (5 & 6)
- Bring both knees back up to your chest. Back into a squat position, returning to the same position as (1).
- Stand up, returning to start position.
- If you want you may add a jump at the end of the rep (8), as you would with a burpee.
- Inhale and exhale evenly throughout this exercise.
- Maintain a quick pace in executing the movements
- Brace core throughout.
- If you lose form terminate set and rest until you’ve recovered, then do next set or finish required number of reps if doing AMRAP for time.