- Stand behind a loaded barbell with your feet shoulder width apart and shins touching the bar.
- Squat down and grasp the bar with an overhand grip, arms straight.
- Back is flat with chest up and shoulder blades squeezed together.
- Brace core.
- Lift the bar off the ground by extending your knees and hips at a medium pace.
- As the bar clears your knees, explosively extend the hips, knees, and ankles, immediately explosively shrugging the shoulders followed by the elbows.
- When the body is fully extended (up on your toes) and elbows reach maximum height, simultaneously pull the body under the bar by rotating the elbows underneath the bar and forward (bar resting on your shoulders, chest and elbows up), dropping into a deep squat.
- Extend your legs and hips to stand up to a fully erect position.
- Return to start position and repeat to finish number of reps in your set.
- When dropping into the squat, your thighs should be at least parallel to the ground.
- Movement should be fluid and smooth.
- Maintain good posture throughout the lift.
- If you lose core activation before set number of reps, terminate the movement.