- Lower Back
- Begin with a loaded barbell on the floor. The bar should be close to or touching the shins, and a shoulder width or a wide grip should be taken on the bar.
- Feet should be directly below the hips, with the feet turned out as needed. Lower the hips, with the chest up and the head looking forward.
- Shoulders should be just in front of the bar.
- Back flat and chest up.
- Brace core.
- In one explosive movement, begin the pull by driving through the heels, extending your hips and knees.
- As the bar approaches the mid-thigh, shrug the shoulders and allow the elbows to flex to the side.
- Continue raising the bar to the overhead position, receiving the bar locked out overhead.
- Lower the weight back to the starting position.
- The bar should be close to the body.
- Your back should stay flat, and your arms should remain straight.
- As you pull the weight upward, you should feel as if you’re jumping.