- Grab a kettlebell with both hands, one on each side of the handle
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and raise the kettlebell in front of your head, with your elbows bent, kettlebell handle facing down
- Brace core
- In one movement, move the kettlebell in a circular motion around your head and back to the starting position
- Repeat the movement 8 to 12 times
- Then reverse direction, going the other way for the same amount of reps
- Start with a light weight
There should not be excessive strain during this exercise especially if doing it as a warm-up, in which case, switch to a lighter weight.
Do the move slowly to get the most benefit
Gradually increase the weight of the kettlebell you use. As your muscles get stronger, the kettlebell will not give you as effective of a workout. Choose a kettlebell that is 2 to 5 pounds heavier each time you add weight.