DARK MEAT COMES INTO THE LIGHT
Even though many mainstream health resources discourage dark meats in chicken and turkey because of the high fat content, studies show that women with high cholesterol who have the highest levels of taurine (found in dark poultry meat) have a 60% less chance of dying from heart disease. The taurine content offsets any negative impact of higher fat content. To maximize health, especially if you are female and have high cholesterol, consider increasing consumption of dark poultry meats.
EAT THESE FOR BETTER OVERALL HEALTH
To increase overall health, consider adding as many of the following foods to your regular diet as possible:
1. Organic flaxseed – for omega-3 fatty acids and bowel health -best if ground immediately before eating.
2. Raw organic nuts – for fatty acids and minerals.
3. Foods containing sulfur for antioxidant properties – like organic eggs, onions and garlic.
4. Green tea for antioxidants, weight loss, and anti-cancer properties.
5. Healthy oils (organic) – Olive oil for salads, organic Canola oil for baking, and butter for frying.