ACIDIC FOODS AND YOUR BONES
Foods that create an acidic reaction in the body like sugar, soft drinks, fried foods, fatty meats, and processed junk foods may contribute to osteoporosis by forcing the body to pull calcium out of the bones to neutralize the acid these foods create. Consider reducing these foods, and increasing healthy fruits and vegetables to create a more alkaline environment in your body, and to reduce your risk of osteoporosis.
FERMENTED FOODS FOR BETTER HEALTH
Adding fermented foods in your daily diet increases the colony of “good” bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. Foods like Kefir, Coconut Kefir Water, Kombucha, organic sauerkraut, and fermented vegetables are all excellent sources of good bacteria. Avoid pasteurized yogurts unless live cultures are guaranteed, as most of the useful bacteria are destroyed during the heating process. Cultured and fermented foods contain trillions of active bacteria, while probiotics contain a wide variety of strains. Using them together creates a strong immune system and optimal health.
GMO FOODS AND TUMORS
Monsanto will not release the internal studies it has completed on Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) foods, but the few studies completed outside of Monsanto show tumor growth, DNA disruption, gut bacteria disruption and infertility when animals are fed GMO feed for a lifetime. Organic products do not contain GMO foods by definition, so avoid the risks of GMO foods by purchasing organic foods whenever possible.
BEHAVIORS AND FAT LOSS SUCCESS
Studies show the following behaviors increase the likelihood of long-term fat loss success:
1. Belonging to a support group or having an accountability partner/nutrition consultant doubles successful outcomes.
2. Keeping a food diary doubles weight loss.
3. Making small lifestyle changes rather than drastic/severe changes works best.
4. Eating mindfully (focus on emotions and hunger cues) contributes to success.
5. Focusing on adding nutritious foods rather than on deprivation – fill up with healthy foods so there’s no room left for nutrient-depleted junk foods!