PREP 30 mins
COOK 10 mins
READY IN 40 mins
Makes 2 servings
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7×11-inch baking dish.
- Mix flour, salt, and ground pepper in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage, and lemon peel in a shallow dish. Gently press pork into flour mixture to coat and shake off excess flour. Dip into beaten egg, then press into bread crumbs. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven’t stuck can fall away. Place breaded pork onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops on each side, about 4 minutes per side, then transfer to baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted into the middle of pork reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes.
PREP TIME 20 mins
COOK 40 mins
READY IN 5 hrs 40 mins
- 1 quart cold water
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared Thai sweet chili sauce
- Combine water, kosher salt, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat; cook until sugar and salt dissolve, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Score the skin side of each piece of chicken 2 to 3 times, about 1/8 inch deep. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl or lidded container.
- Puree cherry tomatoes, habanero peppers, garlic, and allspice with the salt and sugar mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Pour tomato brine over chicken pieces, making sure all pieces are covered. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken pieces and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine thyme, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and oil in a small bowl.
- Brush each chicken piece with thyme and oil mixture.
- Cook chicken, skin side down, on the preheated grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn each piece and move to indirect heat. Cook until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Brush each piece with Thai sweet chile sauce. Transfer to a plate and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
PREP 6 mins
COOK 9 mins
READY IN 15 mins
Makes servings 1
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup torn baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, and stir in the baby spinach and Parmesan cheese. Season with onion powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, cook the egg mixture about 3 minutes, until partially set. Flip with a spatula, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired doneness.