Ready in 25 mins
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt to taste
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon caper brine
1 1/2 teaspoons cold butter
1/3 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter
water, as needed
2⁄3lb spaghetti noodles
Step by step
- Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 teaspoon cold butter, and half the parsley.
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; add pasta to skillet and continue to cook it in butter sauce, adding 1 teaspoon of pasta water at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Place shrimp back into skillet and toss all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot.
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley.
Enjoy! And in the comments, let us know if you liked it!