Ready in 25 mins
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt to taste
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon caper brine
1 1/2 teaspoons cold butter
1/3 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter
water, as needed
2⁄3lb spaghetti noodles
- Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 teaspoon cold butter, and half the parsley.
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; add pasta to skillet and continue to cook it in butter sauce, adding 1 teaspoon of pasta water at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Place shrimp back into skillet and toss all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot.
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley.
Enjoy! And in the comments, let us know if you liked it!
1 cup of Greek yogurt
1 cup spinach
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped watermelon
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1/4 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup ice
Place ingredients in blender.
Blend until desired consistency.
PREP TIME 15 min
TOTAL TIME 45 min
- 8 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 6 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Heat Alfredo sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Place salmon in a baking dish. Mix the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl, and pour over the salmon. Season with basil and parsley.
- Bake salmon 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until easily flaked with a fork. Remove from heat, and break into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Gently toss the salmon, pasta, and Alfredo sauce together in the large bowl. Serve with the Parmesan cheese.
PREP 5 mins
COOK 5 mins
READY IN 30 mins
Makes 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (such as Emeril’s Essence®)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp (30-40 per pound)
- Mix together the Cajun seasoning, lime juice, and vegetable oil in a resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the shrimp on the preheated grill until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 2 minutes per side.
Serve with steamed broccoli.