Ready in 25 mins
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt to taste
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon caper brine
1 1/2 teaspoons cold butter
1/3 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter
water, as needed
2⁄3lb spaghetti noodles
- Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 teaspoon cold butter, and half the parsley.
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; add pasta to skillet and continue to cook it in butter sauce, adding 1 teaspoon of pasta water at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Place shrimp back into skillet and toss all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot.
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley.
Enjoy! And in the comments, let us know if you liked it!
1 cup of Greek yogurt
1 cup spinach
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped watermelon
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1/4 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup ice
Place ingredients in blender.
Blend until desired consistency.
PREP TIME 15 min
TOTAL TIME 45 min
- 8 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 6 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Heat Alfredo sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Place salmon in a baking dish. Mix the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl, and pour over the salmon. Season with basil and parsley.
- Bake salmon 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until easily flaked with a fork. Remove from heat, and break into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Gently toss the salmon, pasta, and Alfredo sauce together in the large bowl. Serve with the Parmesan cheese.
PREP 5 mins
COOK 5 mins
READY IN 30 mins
Makes 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (such as Emeril’s Essence®)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp (30-40 per pound)
- Mix together the Cajun seasoning, lime juice, and vegetable oil in a resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the shrimp on the preheated grill until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 2 minutes per side.
Serve with steamed broccoli.
PREP 30 mins
COOK 10 mins
READY IN 40 mins
Makes 2 servings
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7×11-inch baking dish.
- Mix flour, salt, and ground pepper in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage, and lemon peel in a shallow dish. Gently press pork into flour mixture to coat and shake off excess flour. Dip into beaten egg, then press into bread crumbs. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven’t stuck can fall away. Place breaded pork onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops on each side, about 4 minutes per side, then transfer to baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted into the middle of pork reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes.
PREP TIME 20 mins
COOK 40 mins
READY IN 5 hrs 40 mins
- 1 quart cold water
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared Thai sweet chili sauce
- Combine water, kosher salt, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat; cook until sugar and salt dissolve, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Score the skin side of each piece of chicken 2 to 3 times, about 1/8 inch deep. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl or lidded container.
- Puree cherry tomatoes, habanero peppers, garlic, and allspice with the salt and sugar mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Pour tomato brine over chicken pieces, making sure all pieces are covered. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken pieces and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine thyme, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and oil in a small bowl.
- Brush each chicken piece with thyme and oil mixture.
- Cook chicken, skin side down, on the preheated grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn each piece and move to indirect heat. Cook until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Brush each piece with Thai sweet chile sauce. Transfer to a plate and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving.